Is this blog inspiring?

Followers

Stage 3/ The Chrysalis


I could not believe that I was still breathing, to think I had nearly given up all of my hopes and dreams. I was even able to go to Puerto Rico for the first time, which I considered one of the best trips I have ever had. Prior to leaving for Puerto Rico, a former coworker got in contact with me about a temporary job opportunity working in a daycare, which was in risk of getting closed down by the Department of Education due to a disgruntled worker. I fell in love with those children in a matter of two and a half weeks. They were so sweet and caring and the place happened to be located in the neighborhood I grew up, and currently live in, Washington Heights. Another former coworker was also hired for a temporary position there, and together we worked to remodel the place. It was heartbreaking to see the limited amount of resources the daycare had in comparison to the surplus of supplies I am used to working with in the private school. It made me realize how much I want to make a difference for the kids in my neighborhood and ignited the passion I had in living for change. I have to fight to get better because there is still too much left to do and at this point I had no clue how I was going to do it.

0 comments: